Service Maintenance Agreement In Canajoharie, Cobleskill, Johnstown, Fonda, NY, and Surrounding Areas
Service Maintenance Plans
Why should I have a Service Maintenance Plan for my heating & air conditioning units?
- You pay a fixed annual fee to fit your system and budget
- Extended appointment times to better fit your schedule
- Fast response and priority scheduling over non-plan customers
- Maintains and validates manufacturer warranties
- Reduces the risk of costly breakdowns & maintains safe operation
- Increases efficiency and reduces energy costs
- Improves home comfort and equipment reliability
- Our certified technicians will give you a performance and life expectancy evaluation
- Analysis of all system operations to avoid unexpected and expensive repairs
- Replace old filter with a new clean filter for good air circulation
- Discounts on services, accessories and new equipment purchased at Don’s Heating and Cooling
- Regularly scheduled visits. No more trying to remember when you need to call. We will call you!
Our Promise, Our Pledge
We believe the confidence a customer places in us is a sacred trust. It is our goal to provide our customer with quality performance, courtesy and exemplary service.
What does the technician do for my heating and air conditioning system under a Service Maintenance Agreement?
THE 17 POINT SERVICE CHECK
- Check thermostat is working correctly to ensure the cooling and heating system is responding.
- Electrical connectors need tightening to ensure and measure voltage current on motors. *Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components.
- Lubricate all moving parts. Parts that lack lubrication cause friction in motors and increase the amount of electricity you use.
- Check and inspect the condensate drain pan on your air handler. A plugged drain can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Clean and check drain line, blowing out debris and growing algae.
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Clean evaporator coil, if necessary. Dirty coils reduce the system’s ability to cool your home and cause the system to run longer, increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment.
- Check the refrigerant level and adjust if necessary. Too much or too little refrigerant will make your system less efficient increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment. (Should refrigerant be needed it is mandatory to have the leak repaired and refrigerant then added. This is a time and materials cost at reduced labor rate of $65.00 plus material)
- Clean and adjust blower components to provide proper system airflow for greater comfort levels. Airflow problems can reduce your system’s efficiency by up to 15 percent.
- Clean condenser with commercial coil cleaner if necessary.
- Check supply and return temperature difference by the plenum to ensure the unit is running correctly and efficiently.
- Check indoor humidity levels. Improper humidity levels may affect the family’s health and comfort.* Too little humidity: leaves body vulnerable to infection, and can cause damage to the homes wood and furnishings.* Too much humidity: creates local breeding grounds for mold, mildew and dust mites.
- Check concrete pad on which condenser rests is level. This is common in many new homes to have pads settle.
- Check air filter. Replace if necessary. Filter cost not included.
- The technician will inspect for any grass, weeds or vines that have grown around condenser unit; they could be obstructing airflow. We do not do landscaping, however, we will note and inform you about our concerns for your units’ airflow that the landscaper might have overlooked.
- Examine the lines running from the condenser outside the evaporator inside the house. If the insulation is damaged or worn, it will cut down on the cooling efficiency of the unit and, therefore, should be replaced.
- CO test for safe operation. (Furnaces)